Ready... Set... Design!
UT Dallas students are invited to compete in Capital One’s design challenge where they will redesign our university’s eLearning homepage and two additional pages of their choice.
Our Goal as a University
“UT Dallas will continue to inspire a culture of academic excellence that develops well-rounded students, respond to the needs of a diverse population, and use the most advanced technologies that enhance both teaching and learning. With technology, the University will reach far more students than through traditional instruction and will go beyond online learning by using new approaches such as “hybrid” and “flipped” classrooms.”
Refer to UTD's Strategic Plan to ensure your success!
- 1 home page based on the original eLearning page from a student’s perspective
- Make sure not to redesign Blackboard.
- 2 pages that students regularly interact with on eLearning
- Does NOT include splash screen/loading page, login authentication, and any pages from the educator version.
- 1 of the following methods as the one final submission file:
- 4-minute demo video presenting how your design works
- 4-page (including front and back covers) design brief explaining how your design improves our current site
Participants will have exactly 4 weeks to complete these deliverables. All deliverables must be sent as one file (PDF, MOV, or MP4) to Box (information provided during sign-up) by 11:59PM on April 10, 2020 .
Designs may not be from past school projects or for any current classes. These designs must be original with no content including copyrighted images or phrases. Use of the UTD and eLearning logos are permitted. However, they must abide by the university’s brand guidelines which can be found at www.utdallas.edu/brand.